OSMC is a completely open and expansible system. As a result of this, users can install software or make changes that can cause issues with OSMC’s normal operation as a media center.
The Vero 4K features internal storage, but you can reinstall OSMC on the device in the same way that you can for any other OSMC compatible device. You will need an SD card or USB flash drive, which will allow you to load the OSMC installer on. When the Vero 4K is started with this card or drive, the internal storage will be formatted and repartitioned, and the version of OSMC you have downloaded will be installed.
- Ensure that you have backed up any data before proceeding. My OSMC allows you to back up your user data to external media.
- Go to the Download page and download the installer for your computer.
- Select the latest Vero 4K image in the installer, and insert an SD card or USB stick
- With the Vero 4K powered off, insert the SD card or USB stick in to your device.
- Power the Vero 4K and you will see the installation on screen
- Wait a few minutes for this to complete, and then follow the on screen setup instructions. It is now safe to remove the SD card.
Sometimes, Vero 4K may not boot from an SD card or USB stick even though you have prepared it. We recommend that you try and use another SD card or USB stick if you have one at hand.
Vero 4K will only attempt to boot from an SD card or USB stick if it thinks that a user is trying to reinstall OSMC. The device can be forced to boot from attached media. To do this:
- Prepare the SD card or USB drive following the steps above
- Before removing the SD card, rename the file ‘kernel.img’ to ‘recovery.img’
- Find a non-conductive pin, such as a toothpick. Put it in the round port nearest the HDMI port. You should hear a soft, audible click
- Keep this button held down while you or someone else connects power to the device. Keep the button held down for at least 30 seconds or until you see the installer screen come up